The Class A Rated 15-Amp tamper resistant GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) duplex outlet provides electrical shock protection and prevents the risk of electrical fire caused by ground fault current. This GFCI has a built-in end-of-life feature which automatically alerts the user that the receptacle is no longer effective and needs to be replaced. The tamper resistant receptacle has a spring-loaded shutter that will close off the opening to prevent insertion of small foreign objects which helps improve child safety. The 15-Amp tamper resistant GFCI can be easily installed in a typical wall switch box for both residential and commercial applications. As of 2008, The National Electrical Code (NEC) requires that GFCI receptacles must be installed in all wet & damp environments such as a kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, basement & break room. The NEC also requires that all new and renovated facilities must use tamper resistant receptacles in all construction projects. Wall Plate is Included.
Available in Black and Grey
GFCI 15Amp Tamper Resistant - Self Test (UL943) White
- 15Amp - 120V AC
- Tamper Resistant -White
- UL 943 New Standard - Compliant
- Auto-Monitoring or Self-Test Function
- Reverse Line-Load Misfire Function -repeated
- Detecting Ground Fault and Interrupting Circuit
- Corrosion Resistance
- Ground Circuit
- Passed Drop and Impact Test
- Safelock function, the reset button will not engage if protection has been compromised
- When miswired, GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interupter) outlets have no power, so it is more safe than conventional receptacle
- If miswired or if GFCI protection is damaged, GFCI can't be reset
- Easier installation
*UL943 Standard Improvements:
Auto-Monitoring or Self-Test Function. This Function allows for periodic, automatic testing of the ability of the GFCI to respond to a ground fault. If the Self-Test Function detects a problem, the GFCI must deny power or provide visual and/or audible indication.
Reverse Line-Load Misfire Function. If the line cable is wired to the load terminals of a receptacle GFCI, power to the receptacle face will be denied. This requirement applies to the inital installation and any subsequent re-installation.
*50 pieces per case, 5 sleeves of 10*