The Class A Rated 20-Amp tamper resistant GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) duplex outlet provides electrical shock protection and prevents the risk of electrical fire caused by ground fault current. This GFCI has a built-in end-of-life feature which automatically alerts the user that the receptacle is no longer effective and needs to be replaced. The tamper resistant receptacle has a spring-loaded shutter that will close off the opening to prevent insertion of small foreign objects which helps improve child safety. The 20-Amp tamper resistant GFCI can be easily installed in a typical wall switch box for both residential and commercial applications. As of 2008, The National Electrical Code (NEC) requires that GFCI receptacles must be installed in all wet & damp environments such as a kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, basement & break room. The NEC also requires that all new and renovated facilities must use tamper resistant receptacles in all construction projects. Wall Plate is Included.
GFCI 20Amp Tamper Resistant - Self Test (UL943) White
- 20Amp - 120V AC
- Tamper Resistant -White
- UL 943 New Standard - Compliant
- Auto-Monitoring or Self-Test Function
- Reverse Line-Load Misfire Function -repeated
- Detecting Ground Fault and Interrupting Circuit
- Corrosion Resistance
- Ground Circuit
- Passed Drop and Impact Test
- Safelock function, the reset button will not engage if protection has been compromised
- When miswired, GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interupter) outlets have no power, so it is more safe than conventional receptacle
- If miswired or if GFCI protection is damaged, GFCI can't be reset
- Easier installation
*UL943 Standard Improvements:
Auto-Monitoring or Self-Test Function. This Function allows for periodic, automatic testing of the ability of the GFCI to respond to a ground fault. If the Self-Test Function detects a problem, the GFCI must deny power or provide visual and/or audible indication.
Reverse Line-Load Misfire Function. If the line cable is wired to the load terminals of a receptacle GFCI, power to the receptacle face will be denied. This requirement applies to the inital installation and any subsequent re-installation.
*50 pieces per case, 5 sleeves of 10*